Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kody: 0 Tree: 1

This is Kody:
Matty and I went down to Steamboat Springs today to go snowboarding
. On our first run down, Matty took us into the trees to get over to another run and we separated for a second. I saw a hole of some sort ahead of me but before I could realize what it was, I jumped it. It was about 4 feet down and large enough to fall in, but I noticed after I jumped it that it was a creek. Matty did the same thing. We jumped a river on our first run!

My new bindings and boots were a whole new world. I never caught an edge, landing jumps was easier than ever, and I was comfortable the whole time. Even though Matty would always take us down mogul runs, it was awesome.

It was about 2:00 when we went to the other side of the mountain and started down a run. I went to the right side and started hitting a series of jumps. After the first two, I landed a bit awkward and heading towards the tress. There were more jumps so I had a hard time stopping and next thing I know, WHAM!...I had literally wrapped my self around a tree. If fact, I had broken a small tree in front of that tree and it now had a sharp stump sticking out. It scratched up my back and my board and body was stuck in between the trees and my wind was gone. Luckily, damage was minimal and I finished out the day but my back had some scratches and holes in it. I feel pretty lucky that nothing happened and it was, in fact, a freaking awesome day! We're going again on Saturday...so the adventure continues.

Here's Matty's last run on the 3 boxes at the bottom of the mountain. I told him to do something better but I guess his sprained ankle wouldn't let him...




Tiego loves having Matty around and he calls him "Pirate"

Song of the day: "B.Y.O.B" by System of a Down

Check out the rest of my snowboarding pictures HERE

No comments: